These tremendous easy-baked coconut shrimp will ship in a taste so scrumptious they are going to be sure you be a favourite amongst your entire friends! They’re golden and crispy and baked to perfection.
Baked coconut shrimp are pleasant to pop into your mouth and eat plain or drizzle them with a scrumptious sauce and impress your friends together with your baking expertise. Attempt them dipped them in a store-bought candy chili sauce, our yum yum sauce or make an array of appetizers together with cream cheese wontons and our insanely scrumptious crab dip!
Why You’ll Love This Baked Coconut Shrimp
I like making baked variations of my favourite fried meals since you get all the flavour with out all of the added energy. This recipe is not any exception and delivers the entire flavors of scrumptious shrimp in addition to the crispy texture baked to perfection! Shrimp is such a flexible meals that can be utilized as a major dish, an appetizer, or a aspect! This recipe permits creativity in what it’s served with and is a dish that can preserve friends coming again for extra!
This baked coconut shrimp is tremendous tremendous straightforward to make and even simpler to eat! The shrimp is crispy and crunchy on the surface and tender on the within. Utilizing a mix of panko breadcrumbs and coconut to coat the shrimp offers totally different textures and flavors to the dish. Baking the shrimp makes this a more healthy possibility since you aren’t frying it in oil however it nonetheless retains the entire tasty taste and texture. It’s one of the best of each worlds!
What do I would like for Baked Coconut Shrimp?
You’ll have many of those substances readily available in your pantry and fridge. After getting your shrimp, you’ll be all set to begin baking! These are so scrumptious and are available collectively so simply! See the recipe card under for full directions and quantities.
- Giant shrimp: Be sure that the shrimp is peeled with the tails left on and deveined.
- Eggs: Eggs create a sticky base for the breadcrumbs and coconut.
- Flaked coconut: Be sure that the coconut flakes are unsweetened.
- Panko breadcrumbs: These breadcrumbs would be the key ingredient in getting that crispy texture!
- All-purpose flour: This creates a base for the entire substances used to cowl the shrimp.
- Garlic powder: This will provide you with a touch of garlic taste that compliments the coconut!
- Paprika: Garnishing with paprika is optionally available however it would add a slight candy pepper taste, with none added warmth.
- Salt: Including the salt to the dish will assist to convey out the entire different flavors.
- Black pepper: Freshly floor black pepper will give a slight trace of warmth to the style with out making it too spicy or sizzling.
Directions for Baked Coconut Shrimp
It is a restaurant-quality dish which you could simply make and put collectively at dwelling! it doesn’t take loads of time but it appears to be like and tastes like 1,000,000 bucks! This tastes SO GOOD and you’ll be including this as an appetizer any probability you get!
- Making ready: Pre-heat oven to 425F Grease a cookie sheet with oil and put aside.
- Coat the Shrimp: Beat eggs in a small bowl and put aside. Subsequent, mix breadcrumbs and coconut in one other bowl and put aside. Lastly, mix flour and spices in a third bowl.
- Dip Shrimp: Subsequent, dip shrimp in small batches within the flour combination then the egg combination. As soon as you’re performed, let the surplus drip off the shrimp. Then coat within the coconut/breadcrumb combination, urgent to stick.
- Bake: Place the shrimp on the baking sheet in a single layer. Calmly spray with nonstick spray or drizzle with oil. After, place the shrimp within the oven and bake till they’re golden on the surface and opaque within the middle, about 10 minutes.
Suggestions for Completely Baked Coconut Shrimp
Shrimp looks like a dish that individuals can solely get at a restaurant. This recipe makes it doable and EASY to make this within the consolation of your individual dwelling! Comply with the following pointers to assist out and you’ll come away with the data and confidence to beat any baking undertaking to perfection!
- Frozen Shrimp: If beginning with frozen shrimp, be sure that to thaw earlier than beginning.
- Peeled and Deveined: I like to recommend getting shrimp that’s peeled and deveined. It would prevent time at dwelling and preserve this recipe fast and easy!
- Uncooked Shrimp: Be sure that the shrimp that you just get for this recipe is uncooked and never frozen cooked shrimp. It will assist with the baking of the recipe and maintaining all of it contemporary!
- Flour: The recipe requires all-purpose flour however any flour (oat flour, all objective or gluten free) will all work!
- Breadcrumbs: Panko breadcrumbs are most really useful to get that additional crispiness however you may substiture for almond meal.
Pre-heat oven to 425F Grease a cookie sheet with oil and put aside.
Beat eggs in a small bowl and put aside. Mix breadcrumbs and coconut in one other bowl and put aside. Lastly, mix flour and spices in a third bowl.
Dip shrimp in small batches within the flour combination then the egg combination (letting the surplus drip off the shrimp after which coat within the coconut/breadcrumb combination, urgent to stick.
Place the shrimp on the baking sheet in a single layer. Calmly spray with nonstick spray or drizzle with oil. Bake till the shrimp are golden on the surface and opaque within the middle, about 10 minutes.
Initially Posted August 31, 2016
Energy373kcal (19%)Carbohydrates23g (8%)Protein30g (60%)Fats18g (28%)Saturated Fats13g (65%)Ldl cholesterol368mg (123%)Sodium976mg (41%)Potassium268mg (8%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A119IU (2%)Vitamin C5mg (6%)Calcium196mg (20%)Iron5mg (28%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.