Coconut shrimp is insanely scrumptious! Among the finest appetizers on the market, these mouthwatering air-fried coconut shrimp are crispy, light-weight, and utterly pleasant! This appetizer is one that’s certain to have your company coming again for extra!
Cooking coconut shrimp within the air fryer is a fast and simple strategy to have your favourite dish with out all the added oil. It’s more healthy however by some means simply as tasty! Strive a few of these different superb air fryer recipes corresponding to air fryer fried pickles, these 5-minute air fryer biscuit pizzas or these scrumptious air fryer corn dogs!
Why Cook dinner Coconut Shrimp With an Air Fryer?
Cooking with an air fryer is a good way to get that conventional style of fried meals with out all the additional oil! I like utilizing my air fryer for that motive! It’s such a easy and simple strategy to keep the scrumptious style. Plus, as a result of I don’t must cope with any oil splatters, it makes clean-up a breeze! Do you know that by utilizing simply 1 tablespoon of cooking oil quite than a few cups of it to deep fry your recipe, you get the identical nice outcomes however at a fraction of the fats? It’s a win, win scenario!
I additionally love that once I use the air fryer that I don’t must compromise on style! These air-fried coconut shrimp present that very same golden, crispy texture on the skin and the scrumptious, juicy shrimp on the within. Utilizing the air fryer additionally permits me to give attention to different duties within the kitchen whereas these are cooking. It eliminates my want to face subsequent to the range monitoring them the complete time. That means, I can have scrumptious coconut shrimp AND be targeted on cooking different dishes as a result of these are really easy when you pop them in and anticipate them to be completed!
Elements for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Easy but satisfying, these air fryer shrimp will be sure you ship on style and texture! See the complete recipe under for actual ingredient measurements!
- Massive shrimp: Guarantee that the shrimp is peeled with the tails left on and deveined.
- Eggs: Eggs create a sticky base for the breadcrumbs and coconut.
- Flaked coconut: Guarantee that the coconut flakes are unsweetened.
- Panko breadcrumbs: These breadcrumbs would be the key ingredient in getting that crispy texture!
- All-purpose flour: This creates a base for all the substances used to cowl the shrimp.
- Garlic powder: This offers you a touch of garlic taste that compliments the coconut!
- Paprika: Garnishing with paprika is non-obligatory however it’s going to add a slight candy pepper taste, with none added warmth.
- Salt: Including the salt to the dish will assist to carry out all the different flavors.
- Black pepper: Freshly floor black pepper will give a slight trace of warmth to the style with out making it too spicy or scorching
Directions for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
This recipe is SOO scrumptious that you’ll assume that you just ordered it from a restaurant! This air fryer shrimp brings a scrumptious taste and crispy golden texture with out being drenched in oil!
- Beat and mix: Beat eggs in a small bowl and put aside. Mix breadcrumbs and coconut in one other bowl and put aside. Lastly, mix flour and spices in a third bowl.
- Dip and coat: Dip shrimp in small batches within the flour combination then the egg combination. Subsequent, let the surplus drip off the shrimp after which coat within the coconut/breadcrumb combination, urgent to stick.
- Cook dinner and flip: Place the shrimp within the basket of the air fryer. Cook dinner at 360 levels for 10 minutes flipping midway via or till shrimp is cooked all through.
Ideas for Cooking Coconut Shrimp
Shrimp looks like it must be an advanced dish because it’s obtainable at each restaurant, but it surely’s not! Observe these fast suggestions and in return, you’ll come out with a tremendous dish and questioning why you haven’t tried them earlier than!!
- Dry your shrimp: Just be sure you pat your shrimp dry with a paper towel. It will assist the flour follow the shrimp.
- Preheat the air fryer: Should you preheat your fryer beforehand, it’s going to create a great sear on meals and have a crispy outdoors texture.
- Preserve the tails on: Be sure that to go away the tails in your shrimp. It makes them simpler to eat!
- Use recent shrimp (or ensure that yours is totally thawed): The breading gained’t follow frozen shrimp so ensure that the shrimp is recent and totally thawed.
- Don’t layer the shrimp: Just be sure you solely lay a single layer of shrimp within the basket without delay so that you just guarantee even cooking.
- Don’t neglect to flip: Keep in mind to flip your shrimp midway via. It will give both sides of your shrimp to acquire that crispy, golden texture on the skin!
- Parchment liners: If you’re utilizing parchment liners with holes in your air fryer, don’t place liners within the air fryer throughout preheating.
How one can Retailer and Reheat Leftover Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
These shrimp are so scrumptious that you just may wish to avoid wasting for tomorrow’s meal too! Listed here are just a few tips about how one can retailer and reheat these scrumptious shrimp!
- Fridge: As soon as they’re cooled utterly, place the leftover shrimp in a ziplock bag or an hermetic container and retailer within the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Reheat: To reheat your shrimp the subsequent day, comply with these easy directions: Flip your air fryer to 350°F levels. Put your leftover fried shrimp in (one layer at a time). Reheat them for 3 to 4 minutes till they’re golden and crispy.
Beat eggs in a small bowl and put aside. Mix breadcrumbs and coconut in one other bowl and put aside. Lastly, mix flour and spices in a third bowl.
Dip shrimp in small batches within the flour combination then the egg combination (letting the surplus drip off the shrimp after which coat within the coconut/breadcrumb combination, urgent to stick.
Place the shrimp within the basket of the air fryer. Cook dinner at 360 levels for 10 minutes flipping half means via or till shrimp is cooked all through.
Energy344kcal (17%)Carbohydrates24g (8%)Protein23g (46%)Fats18g (28%)Saturated Fats13g (65%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats2gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol236mg (79%)Sodium741mg (31%)Potassium314mg (9%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A339IU (7%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium97mg (10%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third occasion calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.