Portuguese Seafood Stew made with clams, shrimp, scallops and chorizo comes collectively in minutes! Serve it with some crusty bread and revel in!
Portuguese Seafood Stew
This Portuguese Seafood Stew is straightforward and scrumptious. It’s loaded with contemporary seafood and flavored with garlic, onion, white wine, bay leaf, and parsley. You may just about use no matter seafood you like, like mussels, lobster, crab, and even fish. For another seafood stew recipes you would possibly like, do this Coconut Broth Clams with Lemongrass and Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Stew.
Find out how to Make Seafood Stew
This Portuguese seafood stew shall be prepared for dinner in just some fast steps.
- Sauté the garlic and onion till smooth.
- Add the chorizo, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, ¼ cup of the parsley, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the clams, cowl the pot, and cook dinner for about 5 minutes till the clams open.
- Stir within the shrimp and scallops and cook dinner for a couple of minutes.
What do you eat seafood stew with?
Serve this stew with some good crusty bread to absorb the juice. To spherical out the meal, make a salad to go together with it.
Variations & Ideas:
- Change out any of the seafood with crab, lobster, or a white fish like cod or halibut, or be at liberty to double up on any and omit one other sort.
- In the event you can’t discover clams, use mussels or double the shrimp.
- Throw out any of the clams which might be nonetheless closed after cooking them.
- In the event you don’t eat pork, sub the chorizo for rooster, turkey, or soy chorizo.
- Need extra taste? Swap the water for clam juice or add anchovies.
- When cooking with wine, be sure that to make use of good wine that you’d really drink. In the event you don’t wish to cook dinner with wine, you would substitute it with clam juice.
- Swap the parsley for cilantro.
Extra Seafood Recipes You’ll Love:
Portuguese Seafood Stew
Portuguese Seafood Stew made with clams, shrimp, scallops and chorizo comes collectively in minutes!
- 3 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed and clear
- 1 lb giant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 1 tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1.75 oz 1 hyperlink chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 giant ripe tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, I used Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup contemporary parsley, finely chopped
- kosher salt and contemporary pepper to style
In a big heavy pot, saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium warmth for about 3 to five minutes, till smooth.
Add chorizo, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, 1/4 cup parsley, salt and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
Add the clams, combine effectively and canopy.
Cook dinner about 5 minutes or till all of the clams open (discard any closed clams).
Add shrimp and scallops and cook dinner a further 2-3 minutes, till seafood is totally cooked and the shrimp are opaque.
Ladle into bowls and high with a bit of contemporary parsley.
Serving: 1/4th of recipe, Energy: 376kcal, Carbohydrates: 9.7g, Protein: 50g, Fats: 11g, Sodium: 913.6mg, Fiber: 0.9g, Sugar: 0.1g
Blue Good Factors: 4
Inexperienced Good Factors: 9
Purple Good Factors: 4
Factors +: 8
Key phrases: seafood recipes, seafood soup, seafood stew