Steamed asparagus is the right addition to any meal! All it wants is a squeeze of lemon and freshly cracked salt and pepper to be a knockout aspect!
Everybody tells you to eat extra greens, however with these recipes, you’ll really need to! Roasted garlic broccoli, lemon potatoes, and cauliflower steaks are all so tasty and simple to throw collectively! Easy spices improve their naturally scrumptious taste.
Simple Steamed Asparagus Recipe
Asparagus is hands-down my favourite vegetable to make as a dinner aspect. They’ve such a gentle taste and the right crunch! To not point out, all you actually need is a little bit salt, pepper, and olive oil to reinforce it! Steaming asparagus is certainly one of my favourite methods to arrange it. It makes it so moist and tender! Baking or air frying asparagus could be a little tough, cook dinner too lengthy and also you’ll find yourself with shriveled asparagus. However this recipe couldn’t be simpler! Simply simmer on the range for a couple of minutes and also you’ll find yourself with scrumptious asparagus each time!
I like making steamed asparagus on busy weeknights. Pair it with a straightforward dish like Greek lemon chicken, Swedish meatballs or schnitzel. With all that tremendous taste, your loved ones won’t ever understand it solely took minutes to make! Plus, steaming greens helps them to retain all of their superb vitamins, making it each a scrumptious and wholesome alternative! Your loved ones will love steamed asparagus simply as a lot as I do! And should you’re in search of extra tried and true asparagus recipes, attempt asparagus salad with lemon vinaigrette or bacon-wrapped asparagus subsequent!
All the pieces You Have to Make Steamed Asparagus
I imply, does it get any easier than this? Solely 4 substances are wanted right here! You actually don’t want any fancy substances to make a strong vegetable aspect. Gotta let that tremendous pure taste and texture shine via! All measurements may be discovered within the recipe card beneath.
- Asparagus: Only one stalk must be sufficient to feed your loved ones!
- Olive Oil: Provides a touch of taste and helps seasonings stick.
- Lemon Juice: I like utilizing contemporary lemon juice for taste, however you should utilize bottled lemon juice too.
- Salt and Pepper: Freshly cracked to reinforce taste! I additionally like to make use of sea salt as an alternative of desk salt for a chunkier texture.
Find out how to Steam Asparagus on the Range
Steaming your asparagus solely takes 3 easy steps. It’s really easy, you gained’t even want to take a look at the recipe subsequent time! With how tender and superb it seems, you’ll need this with each meal.
- Fill Pan, Boil: To start, in a medium-sized skillet, fill the skillet with 1-2 inches of water. Add the asparagus and convey to a boil.
- Simmer: Subsequent, scale back to a simmer and steam for 4-6 minutes or till tender.
- Toss With Oil and Seasonings: Take away the asparagus from the water and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
Ideas and Methods for Cooking Asparagus
From choosing contemporary veggies to switching up seasonings, listed below are just a few straightforward tricks to make your steamed asparagus as scrumptious as doable!
- Choosing Asparagus: Since asparagus is the star of the present, ensuring you choose the freshest stalk doable is tremendous essential! The right stalk must be a vibrant inexperienced coloration. If it’s boring, it’s probably overripe. The stalks must be agency to the contact and never wilting. Be aware: It’s finest to decide on a stalk with uniform measurement. This fashion, every bit cooks on the similar fee.
- Seasonings and Taste Additions: Though sea salt is my go-to for asparagus, they’re equally scrumptious with lemon pepper seasoning! It makes every chew extra vibrant and flavorful. Italian and ranch seasonings are each nice choices too. And so far as toppings go, bacon bits pair completely with asparagus. A shake of parmesan cheese on high is beautiful as properly!
- Do I Have to Trim My Asparagus? I all the time advocate trimming off the white ends of the stalk. These are very powerful and bitter. Trimming additionally helps to make every stalk a uniform measurement.
Storing Leftover Steamed Asparagus
- Within the Fridge: Retailer asparagus in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
- Reheating: Utilizing an air fryer is all the time my favourite solution to reheat leftover veggies. Pop your steamed asparagus in for a minute or two at 350 levels F. You may also reheat them within the oven for 3-5 minutes at 350 levels F.
In a medium-sized skillet, fill the skillet with 1-2 inches of water. Add the asparagus and convey it to a boil.
Scale back to a simmer and steam for 4-6 minutes or till tender.
Take away the asparagus from the water and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
Energy63kcal (3%)Carbohydrates1gProtein1g (2%)Fats7g (11%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats5gSodium1mgPotassium8mgFiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A30IU (1%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium1mgIron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.