Scrumptious browned and flavored kielbasa layered in a mattress of savory sauerkraut, it is a meal that your whole household will love! It’s packed filled with veggies and it’s able to eat in lower than half-hour!
Straightforward, one-skillet meals are a go-to round right here as a result of they’re scrumptious and straightforward! Check out some extra of my favorites like this unstuffed pepper skillet, this honey lime chicken, or this creamy chicken cacciatore!
What’s Kielbasa and Sauerkraut?
Kielbasa is a generally smoked sausage that’s typically used on skillet, sheet-pan, or crockpot meals! Actually, you’ll be able to pair this with absolutely anything and it’ll take the flavour up a notch! The sausage is browned to perfection making a scrumptious and juicy protein for this recipe. I prefer to pair this kielbasa with sauerkraut. When you aren’t acquainted with sauerkraut, it’s a finely shredded, pickled cabbage that has a definite, bitter taste that’s typically paired with sausage and meat.
On this dish, I mixed the kielbasa and sauerkraut with some peppers and onions to essentially convey out that scrumptious and distinctive taste. The wedding of the 2 is completely scrumptious and savory! You can too change this up by including totally different greens like green beans or potatoes! Serve this meal up with some scrumptious bread and you can be scraping each final chunk off of your plate!
Elements to Make Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
This recipe is just not solely fast to place collectively however the elements checklist is brief and candy! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the publish for the entire precise measurements.
- Olive Oil: You’ll brown the sausage in olive oil. You should utilize vegetable if that’s what you may have readily available!
- Polish Kielbasa: Slice up the kielbasa into ½ slices. Ensure that they’re all related in dimension in order that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter on this recipe.
- Yellow Onion: You possibly can slice these up into giant or small items, relying in your choice once you eat them.
- Bell Peppers: I used yellow and crimson peppers however you need to use any shade that you simply desire!
- Garlic: Minced garlic provides the BEST taste to this recipe!
- Sauerkraut: Don’t drain the sauerkraut!
- Salt and Pepper: Use these to taste the dish as you want!
How Do You Make Kielbasa and Sauerkraut?
This recipe is as straightforward as it’s scrumptious! It takes lower than half-hour from begin to end and is an excellent family-friendly meal! When you brown up the meat and start cooking, the scrumptious and savory scent will fill your kitchen and you can be dying to eat it!
- Brown Sausage: In a big skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil and sliced kielbasa.
- Flip: Saute the kielbasa items for 7-8 minutes till browned and cooked by. Flip items over about midway by to brown either side. Take away the kielbasa from the pan and set it apart.
- Cook dinner the Onions: Return to the identical skillet, and add the butter to soften over medium warmth. Add the sliced onions, and brown for about 8 minutes till softened and browned. Watch out to not burn the onions.
- Add Peppers: Add the sliced bell peppers. Cook dinner them for five minutes or till they’re softened.
- Stir in Garlic: Stir within the minced garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds.
- Add within the Sauerkraut: Add the sauerkraut and cooked kielbasa to the onions and peppers. Cook dinner for a further 5 extra minutes till the sauerkraut is heat and the sausage is heated by.
- Season and Serve: Season with kosher salt and pepper to style. Serve heat!
- Can I Use a Non-Stick Skillet? Sure! If you’re utilizing a non-stick skillet then you’ll be able to skip utilizing olive oil and butter. Nevertheless, I nonetheless like to make use of them as a result of they introduce a scrumptious taste to the kielbasa!
- Don’t Stir Too Typically: When you stir it too continuously then it prevents your kielbasa from browning and cooking evenly.
- Dimension: The bigger you narrow your sausage. the longer it takes to prepare dinner. To guarantee that it cooks evenly, stick with ½ inch slices.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftovers
If in case you have leftovers of this kielbasa and sauerkraut then name your self fortunate! This makes one of the best leftovers for lunch or dinner the following day!
- Within the Fridge: As soon as your kielbasa and sauerkraut have cooled then place them in an hermetic container and put them in your fridge. Leftovers will final 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: If you end up able to eat your leftovers, simply heat them on the range on medium warmth till they’re warmed by.
If you’re questioning what facet dishes to serve along with your kielbasa and sauerkraut then don’t fear, I’ve provide you with a bunch for you! These will complement this meal and go away you feeling full if you end up completed. Plus, you’ll be able to’t have too many sides at time for dinner proper? extra is all the time higher!
In a big skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil and sliced kielbasa.
Saute the kielbasa items for 7-8 minutes till browned and cooked by. Flip items over about midway by to brown either side. Take away the kielbasa from the pan and set it apart.
Return to the identical skillet, and add the butter to soften over medium warmth. Add the sliced onions, and brown for about 8 minutes till softened and browned. Watch out to not burn the onions.
Add the sliced bell peppers, and proceed to prepare dinner for five minutes till they’re softened.
Stir within the minced garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds.
Add the sauerkraut and cooked kielbasa to the onions and peppers. Cook dinner for a further 5 extra minutes till the sauerkraut is heat and the sausage is heated by.
Season with kosher salt and pepper to style. Serve heat!
Energy99kcal (5%)Carbohydrates10g (3%)Protein2g (4%)Fats7g (11%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol8mg (3%)Sodium498mg (21%)Potassium294mg (8%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A1964IU (39%)Vitamin C89mg (108%)Calcium35mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.