This scrumptious Salmon Tikka Masala, an Indian-inspired dish is simmered in a creamy tomato sauce with coconut milk and spices, good served with naan, roti, or over rice.
Salmon Tikka Masala
This scrumptious dish will also be made with hen, fish or tofu because the sauce is flavorful and is the star of the dish. I’ve made an identical dish, Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas within the pressure cooker however I cherished this salmon model made in a skillet, the sauce comes out a lot thicker on the range. Salmon is my favourite fish and I attempt to incorporate it in my food plan a couple of days every week. Right here’s extra of my favourite Indian recipes embody Salmon Coconut Curry, Instant Pot Indian Chicken Pulao, and Indian Shrimp Curry.
You’re most likely extra acquainted with hen tikka masala, one in every of America’s hottest Indian dishes, which originated in England. Nicely, I attempted it with salmon, and it was great! I used a contact of canned coconut milk instead of heavy cream to make the sauce creamy and dairy free.
What does salmon tikka masala include?
Though the ingredient record could look lengthy, it’s principally spices, which I at all times have readily available for when I’m craving Indian meals.
- Salmon: skinless salmon filets, minimize into 4 items. You need to use frozen wild-caught fish in case you don’t have recent.
- Spices: Recent grated ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne, cardamom, salt
- Aromatics: Garlic and onion sauté in butter or ghee with the spices.
- Sauce: Canned petite diced tomatoes (You too can use common dimension diced tomatoes) and full-fat canned coconut milk
- Herbs: Garnish with recent cilantro.
How you can Make Salmon Tikka Masala
Salmon tikka masala is less complicated to make than you may suppose. Many of the cooking time is hands-off whereas the sauce and salmon simmer.
- Salmon: Season the salmon with salt and turmeric.
- Sauté: Soften the ghee or coconut oil in a skillet, add onion, garlic, ginger, and all of the tikka masala spices. Prepare dinner for about 5 minutes till aromatic.
- Mix: Switch the combination to a blender with the tomatoes and mix till clean. Return to the skillet and season with salt.
- Simmer: Simmer the tomato combination on low for 15 to twenty minutes. Stir within the coconut milk and add the salmon, turning evenly to coat. Simmer to a mild boil and cook dinner for a couple of minutes till the salmon is absolutely cooked.
Extra Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
Salmon Tikka Masala
Salmon Tikka Masala is a scrumptious Indian-inspired dish in a creamy tomato primarily based sauce made with coconut milk and spices, good served with naan, roti, or over rice.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, minimize into 4 items
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee , or coconut oil to make it DF, W30
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon floor coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon floor cardamom
- 1 cup canned petite diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons full fats canned coconut milk*, shake nicely
- 1/4 cup recent cilantro leaves, for serving
Season salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric.
Soften butter a medium skillet over medium warmth, add onion, garlic, ginger and 6 spices (from turmeric to cardamom) and saute till the greens are comfortable and the spices are aromatic, about 5 minutes.
Switch to a blender together with tomatoes and mix till clean, pour again into the skillet and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, simmer coated on low warmth 15 to twenty minutes, till the flavors meld.
Stir in coconut milk and add the salmon, turning to evenly coat.
Simmer to a mild boil and cook dinner 2 to three minutes, till the salmon is cooked by means of.
Serve garnished with cilantro.
*examine labels for whole30compliant
Serving: 1piece salmon, 1/2 cup sauce, Energy: 283kcal, Carbohydrates: 8.5g, Protein: 30g, Fats: 14g, Saturated Fats: 5g, Ldl cholesterol: 82mg, Sodium: 500.5mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 3.5g
Key phrases: Indian Salmon, Salmon tikka masala, tikka masala