In your subsequent journey to Spain, there are many stuff you may need to do. One thing that you simply don’t need to miss is a go to to Sagrada Familia basilica.
Whether or not you’re spiritual or not, it’s an architectural masterpiece and well-known landmark within the coronary heart of Barcelona that’s visited by round 5 million vacationers yearly.
However don’t let the prospect of huge queues preserve you from visiting! Should you weren’t satisfied earlier than, right here’s how why it’s essential to go to Sagrada Familia in your subsequent vacation to Spain.
See additionally: The Best Tourist Attractions in Barcelona
The Historical past of Sagrada Familia
Whereas Gaudi is essentially the most well-known title behind the Sagrada Familia towers, 9 architects have taken on the undertaking since his dying, and it’s nonetheless incomplete right this moment.
In case you didn’t know, Gaudi was a devoted Catholic, and he was notably obsessive about each nature and faith. His plans for the Sagrada Familia towers concerned representing the whole lot of Catholic historical past. This undertaking was to grow to be his grandest legacy.
Regardless of altering arms, each architect concerned has remained true to Gaudi’s authentic plans from 1883. The unique completion date was set for 2026. Nevertheless, this has been delayed because of the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 – with no new finish date in sight.
At the moment, all ticket gross sales are funding the completion of the undertaking – church buildings or the federal government don’t again it. So, if you go to Sagrada Familia, you’ll be financing the completion of Gaudi’s well-known landmark.
Non-public donations are additionally accepted to construct the Sagrada Familia towers additional. Every time it’s finally accomplished, it can grow to be the tallest church globally.
One other of the unbelievable Sagrada Familia suggestions is that Gaudi was buried there in 1926, positioned inside the El Carmen Virgin chapel. Regardless of being incomplete, it’s additionally a UNESCO World Heritage Website – one other wonderful reality to tick off your bucket checklist!
Is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?
Should you’re asking if visiting the Sagrada Familia towers is price it throughout your subsequent journey, the reply is a convincing sure!
That’s as a result of the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia was in-built 1882. It’s a monumental church with ties to the Holy Household and was consecrated by Pope Benedict XVI in 2010.
What’s much more wonderful concerning the Sagrada Familia is that it options breathtaking structure by Antoni Gaudi, one of many world’s most well-known architects. He pioneered a brand new period of structure referred to as Catalan modernism, which options free-flowing curves and natural types.
You will discover 9 accomplished spires, of 18 within the authentic design, with plans for additional completion within the coming years.
See additionally: Things to Do in Barcelona: Our Barcelona Activity Guide
Suggestions for visiting the Sagrada Familia
As this monument is likely one of the hottest in Spain, and since it’s in the midst of the town of Barcelona, you’ll be able to anticipate queues to be extraordinarily lengthy. The most effective time to go to Sagrada Familia is as early as doable within the morning.
The Sagrada Familia opens at 9 am when queues are at their shortest. The interval between 9 to 11 am is usually much less crowded.
Nevertheless, it’s possible you’ll need to get contained in the monument for one of the best photographic alternatives later within the day. For wonderful footage, one of the best time to go to Sagrada Familia is between 5-6 pm, when the solar units.
The daylight shines by means of the colorful stained glass at this hour, producing dream-like sights and pictures. It’s additionally doable to attend night Mass at 6 pm, which comes at no cost. Right here, guests should costume and act appropriately.
Another issues to contemplate embody:
- Size of go to. Most vacationers need to understand how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia towers to take advantage of their journey. The beneficial time is round 2 hours, however you’ll be able to keep so long as meant.
- The worth. Sagrada Familia ticket value is between €33 and as much as €99 for an 8-hour guided tour that features Montserrat.
- The most effective time to go to Sagrada Familia. The Sagrada Familia hours of operation are from 9 am until 6 pm day by day. Sagrada Familia’s hours of operation for Mass is 6 pm.
- Totally different sorts of tickets. You will have a special ticket to go to the Sagrada Familia towers that embody tower entry; this isn’t granted with a fundamental ticket.
- Ticket availability. Be certain to get your tickets prematurely, as tickets can generally promote out by 5 pm. It’s additionally an choice to buy online tickets to streamline the method. Search for availability and e book your tickets under:
- Additional packages. Chances are you’ll discover a increased Sagrada Familia ticket value for inclusive packages, resembling a Sagrada Familia and Park Güell combination tour.
- Guided excursions for overseas guests. There are a number of guided group excursions out there in several languages. While you go to Sagrada Familia, the presently out there choices embody English, German, Italian, French, and, after all, Spanish.
- Can I get a Sagrada Familia audio information free? You will discover free audio guides on-line, however these can not compete with guided excursions.
- Planning your arrival. You will discover public transport hyperlinks that may take you to go to Sagrada Familia – the L2 or L5 by way of the metro or considered one of many devoted buses, together with the 19, 33 and 34.
- What to put on. Do not forget that if you go to Sagrada Familia, it’s a holy place of worship. Guests want to decorate appropriately, which means that tops ought to cowl their shoulders, and shorts/skirts ought to come mid-thigh. Hats usually are not allowed on the Sagrada Familia.
- Navigating the Sagrada Familia. It is best to obtain the official app to handle tickets, discover audiobooks and extra. The app prices €26 from the official web site. Nevertheless, it’s doable to go to with out downloading the app, too.
We hope we’ve answered the query ‘is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?’ The reply is sure – it’s nice to go to year-round!
It is best to add Sagrada Familia to your itinerary subsequent time you go to Barcelona.
Don’t miss out in your probability to go to Sagrada Familia and its huge cultural and historic significance. Whether or not planning how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia or discovering the Sagrada Familia ticket value worth, we hope our Sagrada Familia suggestions have made planning a lot simpler for you!