This fast and straightforward Sushi-inspired Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl makes a straightforward excessive protein, budget-friendly, 5-minute lunch, nice for meal prep!
Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl
This simple Salmon Rice Bowl is quick and straightforward, made with just some substances! Salmon salad utilizing canned salmon is the star of the dish served over brown rice (I really like frozen brown rice from Dealer Joes) with diced cucumbers, sriracha, scallions, and furikake or nori. I’m at all times making an attempt to share new, fast lunch ideas that don’t take an excessive amount of time to make. Earlier this week I posted an avocado quinoa salad as a vegetarian lunch choice. Like tuna, canned salmon is a good pantry staple for protein, and it’s budget-friendly. Extra canned salmon recipes you could like are these Waffled Salmon Cakes, or swap the tuna for salmon on this Mayo-Less Tuna Pasta Salad.
Salmon Rice Bowl Components
Listed here are the substances for the salmon salad:
- Salmon: I exploit canned wild salmon in water as a result of it’s so handy. For those who want making your individual or utilizing leftover salmon, that works too.
- Sauce: Mild mayo and sriracha with a pinch of salt mix for a creamy, spicy sauce.
- Scallions: Combine the whites of the scallions in with the salmon.
Under is every thing within the rice bowl:
- Brown Rice: To hurry up this recipe, I exploit Dealer Joe’s frozen brown rice, so the entire dish comes collectively in 5 minutes. It’s such an excellent timesaver! You too can make your individual rice or use leftover.
- Cucumber: I just like the crunch from the Persian cucumbers and also you don’t have to peel them as a result of the pores and skin is skinny, so it’s even faster to prep! If you need extra veggies, carrots, bell peppers, and avocado would even be good.
- Scallions: Prime the salad with the greens of the scallions.
- Furikake or Nori: Sprinkle nori or furikake over the rice bowl. Nori is dried seaweed you could crumble over the salad. Furikake is a Japanese seasoning consisting of “sesame seeds, seaweeds, herbs, fish flakes, and salt.” You should buy it on Amazon if it’s unavailable at your native grocery store.
Tips on how to Meal Prep Salmon Salad Rice Bowl
This wholesome salmon rice bowl is very easy to make. There’s little or no prep when you use canned salmon and frozen rice because the scallions and cucumber are the one veggies to cut. You may double or quadruple the recipe for meal prep if you’d like leftovers for lunches, which can maintain within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Extra Fast Lunch Recipes You Will Love:
Spicy Canned Salmon Salad Rice Bowl
This fast and straightforward Sushi-inspired Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl makes an excellent budget-friendly, excessive protein lunch!
- 1 5-ounce can skinless wild pink or crimson salmon, in water drained
- 1 tablespoons gentle mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce, plus extra for topping
- 2 scallions, white and greens separated
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice, heated
- ½ cup chopped cucumber, I exploit Persian cucumbers
- Furikake or chopped nori and sesame seeds, for garnish
In a small bowl, mix the salmon, mayonnaise, sriracha, scallion whites and pinch of salt and blend effectively.
Within the bowl you intend to serve in, add the rice.
Prime it with the salmon salad, chopped cucumber, furikake and scallion greens plus extra sriracha if desired.
Serving: 1bowl, Energy: 389kcal, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 25g, Fats: 14g, Saturated Fats: 1.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 757mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g
Key phrases: canned salmon, canned salmon recipes, simple lunch, wholesome simple lunch concepts, lunch concepts