Grilled rooster tacos piled excessive with a easy lettuce-tomato slaw, avocado, and Cotija cheese on a charred tortilla are a fast weeknight dinner answer!
Grilled Hen Tacos
We love taco Tuesdays in my home, and I’m not speaking in regards to the tacos that are available a equipment! As an alternative, I make all types of tacos from scratch, from fish tacos and slow cooker chicken and black bean tacos and even turkey taco lettuce wraps. See extra chicken breast recipes right here!
These grilled rooster tacos are an exquisite addition to our taco rotation. They’re excellent for grilling outdoors now that the climate is so heat. They’re quite simple to make, so I wish to cook dinner them if I’m quick on time. I set all of the fixings out on the desk and let everybody make their very own. They’re a particular crowd-pleaser.
Lettuce Slaw Substances:
I really like a easy lettuce slaw on these grilled rooster tacos. It mainly a salad combined collectively for one tasty topping. Beneath is what I put in my lettuce slaw:
- Veggies: Lettuce, tomato, crimson onion
- Sauce: Lime juice, olive oil
- Seasoning: Cilantro, salt, pepper
Variations and Ideas:
- When you don’t need to purchase seasoned salt, you should use a mixture of salt, chili powder, paprika, crimson pepper, and garlic powder to season the rooster.
- When you’d choose a spicier dish, add sliced jalapeno or serrano pepper to the slaw.
- Swap lettuce for cabbage.
- When you can’t discover cotija, sub it with feta.
- When you choose to skip the tortillas, simply flip this dish into a giant salad. You can even use low-carb or entire wheat tortillas as a substitute of corn.
- Double or triple this taco recipe if you wish to feed a crowd.
- When you don’t have an out of doors grill, no worries! A grill pan or skillet may also work.
Extra Taco Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Hen Tacos with Lettuce Slaw, Avocado and Cotija
Grilled rooster tacos piled excessive with a lettuce-tomato slaw, avocado, and Cotija cheese all served on a charred tortilla. A fast weeknight dinner answer!
For the rooster:
- 16 oz 4 skinny sliced boneless rooster breast cutlets
- 1 1/4 tsp seasoned salt, I used Lawry’s Hearth Roasted Chili & Garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
For the taco:
- 2 1/2 cups 4 oz shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup 1 medium vine ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/4 unfastened cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup skinny sliced crimson onion1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch recent black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 tbsp crumbled Cotija cheese
- 5 ounces sliced, avocado
- thinly sliced radishes, for garnish (optionally available)
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
Season rooster with seasoned salt, olive oil and lime juice and marinate for at the least an hour.
Warmth an out of doors grill or indoor grill pan on medium-high warmth.
Oil the grates and grill about 2 minutes. Flip and cook dinner an extra 1 minute, or till cooked by. Put aside on a reducing board and slice into skinny strips.
Whereas the rooster is cooking, in a big work bowl combine the lettuce, tomato, cilantro, onions, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Put aside.
On the grill warmth tortillas, turning until they barely char, about 1 1/2 minutes on both sides.
Design your taco. Add rooster, lettuce, avocado and high with cotija cheese and radishes if desired, serve with lime wedges.
Serving: 2tacos, Energy: 330kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 33g, Fats: 16g, Ldl cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 697mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 2g
WW Factors Plus: 9
Key phrases: rooster breast tacos, rooster tacos, Grilled Hen Tacos, Grilled Hen Tacos with Lettuce Slaw, Avocado and Cotija, wholesome rooster tacos