This simple Buffalo Hen Salad recipe may be made forward for lunches all through the week. Nice on lettuce wraps or a sandwich!
Buffalo Hen Salad
I’ve been getting requests for fast and simple low-carb lunch recipes that may be prepped forward and don’t require reheating. So, I created this Hen Salad, which checks all of the packing containers! Since I had some cooked chicken breast and all of us love my Buffalo Chicken Dip, this recipe works as a lunch thought as an alternative. For those who like this buffalo recipe, you must also do that Vegetarian Buffalo Chickpea Salad, Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps , and Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
I had some cooked hen breast and no plans for what to do with it, so I whipped up this buffalo salad utilizing the elements I had in my fridge.
- Hen: Beginning with cooked hen makes this recipe very quick to drag collectively. I used leftover hen breast, however you can sub hen thighs, canned hen, or rotisserie hen. For those who don’t have hen able to go, throw it within the gradual cooker for hands-off cooking.
- Greens: Chop crimson onion, celery, and child carrots in a mini meals processor.
- Buffalo Sauce: Mix Frank’s hot sauce (or sub along with your favourite model) and mayo. For those who prefer it further spicy, add extra scorching sauce.
- Blue Cheese: Prime with blue cheese crumbles or light blue cheese dressing, however be happy to skip should you’re not a fan.
Easy methods to Serve
Listed below are some alternative ways to serve this spicy hen salad.
- Lettuce Wraps: I really like the newborn romaine lettuce offered at Costco. They’re excellent for lettuce wraps, however you need to use romaine hearts or butter lettuce.
- Sandwich: Use your favourite kind of bread to make a buffalo hen sandwich.
- Wrap: Stuff a wheat tortilla with this salad.
- Salad: Serve the buffalo hen over chopped romaine and drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
You’ll be able to double or triple this buffalo hen salad if you might want to serve extra folks. You simply chop the veggies and hen in a mini meals course of after which coat with the buffalo sauce. It would maintain within the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Extra Buffalo Hen Recipes You’ll Love:
Buffalo Hen Salad
This simple Buffalo Hen Salad recipe may be made forward for lunches all through the week.
- 6 1/2 ounces cooked hen breast or canned, from an 8 oz breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup crimson onion, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 celery stalk, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 child carrot
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup Frank’s scorching sauce, or extra to style
- 6 child romaine lettuce leaves, or your favourite lettuce for wraps
- light blue cheese dressing, elective for topping
If you might want to cook dinner the hen within the gradual cooker, cowl it with water 4 hours on low then shred. Use a rotisserie hen breast and even canned hen works right here.
In a mini chopper, chop all of the veggies, then add the hen and pulse a couple of occasions.
Switch to a bowl and blend with the mayo and scorching sauce, including extra to style.
To serve, spoon into lettuce wraps and garnish with crimson onion, celery leaves and extra scorching sauce.
Serving: 1/2, Energy: 359kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 30g, Fats: 24g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 1401.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2.5g
Key phrases: buffalo hen salad, hen salad