Greek marinated rooster, contemporary lower veggies, hummus, tzatziki sauce…all of your favourite Greek flavors collectively in a single bowl! You will love this Greek rooster bowl of goodness that transports you to the Mediterranean.
I really like making Greek-inspired meals, and everybody appears ahead to Greek night time. Strive making this simple chicken recipe or this contemporary pasta salad in your subsequent potluck! Greek dishes are a scrumptious addition to your weekly dinner lineup, and I make it simple with my slow cooker rooster recipe.
What Are Greek Rooster Bowls?
Greek rooster bowls are all of your favourite Greek flavors mixed into one bowl. Juicy Greek-marinated grilled rooster, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, crimson onion, hummus, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce on a mattress of brown rice. Such a scrumptious and nutritionally balanced dinner concept!
When you actually wish to go all out, you wow your dinner visitors by making a number of the bowl substances from scratch! I really like love love this excellent naan bread that may be lower up and served like pita bread. Or you would make the very best homemade hummus and feta dip that I believe can be scrumptious in these bowls.
What Goes In A Greek Rooster Bowl?
Recent substances are the fantastic thing about a Greek rooster bowl. I wish to meal prep the rooster forward of time, making time for dinner a breeze. The entire substances could be prepped prematurely.
- Chicken Souvlaki: Making this scrumptious recipe forward of time makes these bowls assemble shortly and simply.
- Brown Rice: Any form of rice or grain works in these bowls as a base.
- Cucumbers: English cucumbers are my favourite cucumbers to make use of.
- Grape Tomatoes: Slice the tomatoes in half to make consuming simpler.
- Pink Onion: Slice or cube the crimson onion right here. It provides nice taste!
- Kalamata Olives: I LOVE kalamata olives. Be certain that the pits are eliminated.
- Hummus: Retailer-bought makes it simple!
- Tzatziki sauce: You should buy premade tzatziki sauce on the retailer. Nevertheless, I’ve an awesome recipe I linked here and beneath within the recipe card.
- Feta Cheese: Crumbled feta cheese is so scrumptious! It additionally provides nice texture to the bowls.
- Lemon: As a result of freshly squeezed lemon brings each dish to life!
- Parsley: Garnish with minced contemporary parsley for presentation and added taste! Recent herbs are at all times a should.
How To Make Greek Rooster Bowls
Making Greek rooster bowls is a simple dinner recipe, and you’ll love how shortly they are often made. Combining your dinner substances all collectively in a bowl is so enjoyable! Consequently, it would be best to make your whole meals a one-bowl dinner!
- Put together the Rooster and Tzatziki Sauce: Put together and grill the rooster souvlaki and tzatziki sauce recipes forward of time earlier than you assemble the bowls. It may be accomplished just a few days forward of time, making this a simple and quick weeknight meal.
- Minimize the Veggies/Heat the Rice: Minimize the cucumbers, tomatoes, crimson onion, and olives. Additionally, heat the rice earlier than assembling the bowls.
- Assemble the Bowls: To assemble, place one cup of rice in every bowl. Then, divide the remainder of the substances between every bowl. After that then you’ll layer on the cucumbers, tomatoes, crimson onion, olives, hummus, crumbled feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce.
- Add the Rooster: High with the ready rooster souvlaki recipe lower into bite-sized items.
- Garnish: Garnish with fresh-cut lemons and minced parsley leaves.
- Serve: Serve after which get pleasure from it with a aspect of pita bread in case you want!
Everybody enjoys a meal served in a bowl as a result of they will make it their very own. Visitors can combine and match substances how they like. Listed here are just a few concepts that can assist you suppose outdoors the field and be inventive along with your ingredient choices.
- Strive Completely different Grains: Change up the grains within the Greek rooster bowl through the use of a base of any rice, orzo pasta, or quinoa. And in case you actually wish to get genuine, Greek delicacies typically makes use of cooked barley, which might be scrumptious!
- Add Extra Veggies: I really like so as to add extra greens to the bowls as a result of it helps me sneak in additional fiber. Bell peppers and/or zucchini can be scrumptious in these bowls. Additionally, you possibly can grill the veggies or serve them contemporary! You too can make a easy cucumber salad forward of time to hurry up meeting.
- Make It Low Carb: When you’re attempting to chop again on carbohydrates, then these Greek rooster bowls are scrumptious on a mattress of cauliflower rice. Or you possibly can assemble your bowl on high of a mattress of romaine lettuce, which is principally a salad. This makes your bowl low-calorie as nicely!
I like to organize the substances for my Greek rooster bowls at the start of the week in bulk. This fashion, I’ve a scrumptious lunch able to make every time!
- Rooster: In an hermetic container, your cooked rooster will final for as much as 5 days saved within the fridge. You may serve chilly or reheat. Make sure you examine that the inner temperature of your rooster has reached 165 levels Fahrenheit if reheating.
- Greens: As a basic rule of thumb, I’ll preserve my chopped greens not than 4 days within the fridge.
- Rice: Cooked rice will final within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Retailer in an hermetic container.
Minimize the cucumbers, tomatoes, crimson onion, and olives. Additionally, heat the rice earlier than assembling the bowls.
To assemble, place one cup of rice in every bowl. Divide the remainder of the substances between every bowl. Layer on the cucumbers, tomatoes, crimson onion, olives, hummus, crumbled feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce.
High with the ready rooster souvlaki recipe lower into bite-sized items.
Garnish with contemporary lower lemons and minced parsley leaves.
Serve and luxuriate in with a aspect of pita bread in case you want!
Serving2bowlsEnergy911kcal (46%)Carbohydrates160g (53%)Protein22g (44%)Fats21g (32%)Saturated Fats6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fats4gMonounsaturated Fats8gLdl cholesterol22mg (7%)Sodium1018mg (42%)Potassium888mg (25%)Fiber11g (44%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A995IU (20%)Vitamin C13mg (16%)Calcium244mg (24%)Iron5mg (28%)
All dietary info relies on third get together calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.